Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Patience

I took my two young children to the park yesterday evening to enjoy the beautiful weather with them, while I still had some energy. We had a great time playing 3-on-3 basketball; my 7 year old son was on my team. He made a hook shot with two older kids guarding him!

Last night I was tucking my son in bed and explained I would not have as much energy over the next 6 weeks to play basketball with him. (Yesterday was the last dose of the thyroid hormone until after the treatment on 05/31/06.) My son said that he wished I did not have the cancer. I told him that God has a reason for everything, even if we do not always know the reason or His plan. My son told me he was going to think that night what the reason is for my cancer.

Well, this morning on the way to school, my son said he thinks I have cancer so that God would teach me patience. He said I'd have to rely on God since I won't be able to take the thyroid pill. I smiled because I know that patience is an area in my life that needs work. Of course my 7 year old son probably knew that as well. I told my son he is a good thinker :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anthony is a smart boy. I will be praying for you as you prepare of the radio-iodine brother. We need to talk some sense into Richard. He has updated his blog and seems very mixed up. His key references he is using to back up calvinism is taken totally out of context. I don't know what else to tell him. Let me know next time you send a comment to Richard so I can read it. Thanks and God bless!

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home