Friday, February 10, 2006

Inspirational Scriptures

The following Bible verses were really a help to me during this journey. I'm thankful I have the Lord Jesus Christ to carry me through this trial. Without the Holy Spirit as a Comforter, I cannot imagine going through cancer. I have peace knowing where I will spend eternity when I die.

I've included the dates of when I came across these verses, which you can relate to the time of my surgeries/treatment.

7/8/05 - Philippians 4:6-9
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

7/1/05 - Matthew 6:19-21
Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

7/1/05 - Psalm 61:1-4
Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in thy tabernacle for ever: I will trust in the covert of thy wings. Selah.

06/22/05 - II Corinthians 1:3-4
Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God."

06/15/05 - Isaiah 40:29-31
He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

05/27/05 - Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Chris, thank you for sharing your faith and for the inspiration that comes with it! We love you,
Vasiliy and family.

2:07 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Thank you for the kind words. My prayer is that God will use this situation to His glory. I look forward to seeing what He has planned for me through this trial.

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home